Updated: March 17, 2019
The personal data that you provide may be regarded as jointly controlled by HABNAB® GROUP.
HABNAB® GROUP is committed to the protection of any personal information you share with us. This statement describes what types of personal data we collect from you, how it is used, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us should you have any questions.
1. Your Personal Information is important
We recognise that your privacy is very important and is committed to protect your privacy. We will not collect and use your Personal Information as set out below unless you provide your Personal Information to us voluntarily. We will also comply with the requirements of the Australian privacy legislation.
We will collect various types of personal data about you for the purposes described in this Policy, including:
- Contact information (such as your name, birthday, nationality, email address, postal address, telephone number and any other personal data) that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including if you subscribe to our newsletter and register and create an account on the Website;
- Details of any transactions made by you;
- Personal data that may be contained in communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content;
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, conduct on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- Credit/debit card information;
- Information about your use and navigation of our Website, such as your IP address and other device identifiers, your operating system and browser type, and information about the Website pages you visit, collected by cookies or other tracking technologies; and
- Personal information collected from third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on publicly accessible social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from other publicly accessible databases.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. Providing your personal data to us (in particular, your personal details, your email, your address, your credit/debit card numbers and bank code and your telephone number) is necessary for processing your order for the purchase of products on the Website, supplying other services provided on the Website upon your request, or when your personal data is needed to fulfill obligations required by law or regulations. The refusal to provide us with any personal data necessary for performing the above purposes may consequently prevent us from processing your order for the purchase of products sold on the Website or fulfilling obligations required by law and other regulations. Therefore, failure to provide personal data may constitute, in some cases, a legitimate and justified reason for not processing your order for the purchase of products sold on the Website or not providing the Website’s services.
Disclosure of further personal data to us other than that required for fulfilling legal or contractual obligations and to properly browse our services with necessary traffic data is, on the contrary, optional and does not have any effect on the use of the Website and of its services or on the purchase of products on the Website. We will inform you at every step whether disclosing your personal data to us is required or optional by marking with an appropriate symbol (*) the information that is required or data needed for the purchase of products and/or for the provision of requested services on the Website.
2. Minimum Age
Protecting the safety and privacy of children is very important to us. We do not accept registrations or orders submitted by, and will not knowingly collect or use personal data from anyone under the age of sixteen (16) years, or any other age limit set out by the law of his/her country of residence. By registering or making any purchase on the Website, you confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your country of residence.
3. Collecting Your Personal Information
We request Personal Information from you when you:
- register your Personal Information for the purpose of creating an account in our site or requesting our Newsletters;
- participate in a promotion or other website feature;
- request a catalog;
- request to receive any marketing, promotional or other types of communications;
- purchase through our store or site;
- make inquiries or comments through our Customer Department;
- interact with our sales staff, including through any third party apps such as WhatsApp or WeChat;
- collect your goods purchased online via our Click & Collect service;
You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with any goods and services that depend on the collection of this information (particularly where our collection of this information is required by law).
4. Using Your Personal Information
- to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences
- to provide you with further information about our new products, events, changes to our website, service updates, special offers and promotions;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis;
- to communicate with you about your purchase, account information, or customer service needs; and/or
- to better respond to your customer service inquiries or provide you with a service which you have requested.
We may contact you at the email address or any other contact methods which you provide to us for the purposes listed above.
5.Support & Promote
To send you marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry or closed your browser with items in your shopping basket. You have the right to opt out of us sending you this information at any time.
As a business customer, acting on behalf of said business or where we have obtained your business contact details, we may contact you with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of said business or where we have obtained your business contact details. In relation to any such information we send by email, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
Cookies are small data text files that are sent from a server computer during a browsing session. Cookies are typically stored on the computer’s hard drive and are used by web-sites to simulate a continuous connection to the site. For users of the Site, please note that HABNAB® may deposit “cookies” in your computer in order to identify you.
7. Registration Information
It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
Our Site contains areas where you can submit information to us (such as our registration service), and we also have features (such as cookies and performance tracking technology) that automatically collect information from the visitors to our Site. During the registration process, you must provide us with a password, your name, address and a valid email address.
8. Protect Your Personal Information
To protect your personal information, we may use your data;
To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
For network and information security purposes, i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access.
To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
If we discover that a pricing error has been made, we reserve the right to suspend your order and contact you to ask whether you wish continue with the order at the correct price. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price. We present our content ‘as is’ and make no claims to its accuracy, either expressed or implied. We reserve the right to amend errors or to update product information at any time without prior notice.
10. Payment Options
We accept all major credit/debit cards for payment.. If your credit card is rejected by our online payment processing systems, please double-check that all the details you entered on the website were correct. Your name and address details must match the card – holder address details held by your card issuer. If the problem persists, please contact your credit card provider. We may on occasions request further proof of ID as advised by our credit/debit card processing company.